Note: Please consider that the PGM (Pt, Pd, Rh) content might change from one catalytic to another (with the same serial #) due to its condition affected by mileage, weather conditions, etc. *Assay made with Niton XLT3GOLDD+
5 interesting facts about gold
1. If you search Google for the word “Gold” – you will get 8.2 billion results, whereas if you search for the word “God” you will get only 4.4 billion results.
2. Total quantity of gold mined is about 210,000 Tons. Experts estimate there are about 50,000 Tons more as a reserve not mined yet.
3. The 210,000 Tons of gold mined in the world can be stored in a 22 x 22 x 22 meter / 73 x 73 x 73 ft box.
4. For above-ground stocks, as of the end of 2022, the uses are divided as follows:
Jewels – 46%
Bars & coins – 22%
Central banks – 17%
Other – 15%
5. Superstitions regarding gold – gold has mystified people for thousands of years due to its bright color and luster. Here are some modern-day superstitions about gold:
a. It is considered bad luck to try on someone else’s engagement ring or wedding band
b. Dropping or breaking a piece of jewelry is often associated with loss of wealth.
c. Gold charms bring good luck and protect from evil eye.
d. Wearing gold to a cemetery attracts spirits or negative energy.