Gold is a precious metal that possesses all the essential properties of precious metals, which make it highly valued and sought-after.
Besides gold’s physical properties and its industrial applications, gold is considered both as an asset and a currency and is well recognised as a safe haven for investors who are looking to diversify their investments.
- Rarity: Gold is a relatively rare element that is difficult to find in nature. It is estimated that all the gold ever mined would fit into a cube with sides of just 21 meters. This rarity contributes to its high value (total of about 200,000 Ton).
- Durability: Gold is highly resistant to corrosion and oxidation, making it extremely durable. It does not tarnish or corrode, which is why it has been used for jewelry and decorative purposes for thousands of years.
- Malleability: Gold is highly malleable and can be easily shaped into various objects. It is commonly used for jewelry, coins, and other decorative items.
- Conductivity: Gold is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity, making it useful in a wide range of industrial applications. It is used in electronics, such as computers and cell phones, as well as in medical devices and aerospace technology.
- Density: Gold has a density of 19.3 gram per cubic centimeter, one of the heaviest metals.
- 6. Beauty: Gold is prized for its natural beauty, which is enhanced by its luster and shine. It is commonly used in jewelry and decorative objects, where its beauty is highly valued.
Gold is found in various countries around the world, but the largest gold producing countries include China, Australia, Russia, the United States, Canada, and South Africa. In recent years, the price of gold has fluctuated significantly, with its highest price reaching over $2,000 per ounce in August 2020.
Gold has been used for various purposes throughout history, including as a form of currency and as a symbol of wealth and status. Today, it is still used for jewelry, coins, and decorative objects, as well as in industrial applications. Gold is also used as a safe-haven investment during times of economic uncertainty, as its value tends to hold steady or increase during periods of market instability.
Interesting point- Typing the world gold in google produces 7.5 trillions result
Typing the word god in google produces only 5.5 trillions results!